Our office has re-opened for elective and non-emergency procedures. Please call now to schedule or confirm any appointments. Please read below for our office procedures during your visit.
As of May 19, 2020, 42 states re-opened dental offices for elective and non-emergency procedures. We are excited to be part of this re-opening. We will follow the latest guidelines set forth by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) as of May 19, 2020. Please read through carefully and feel free to reach out to our office if you have any questions or concerns.
- When arriving at the office, please bring your own face covering (cloth, surgical, or respirator mask). If you don’t have one, we will provide one for you. The CDC recommends 6 feet between people who are not wearing a face covering. When that is not possible, or if you are at a dental facility, you are required to wear one.
- We ask that no more than one parent/guardian/caregiver/translator come with the patient. If that person’s presence is not required during treatment, we will ask them to wait in their car. If there are concerns waiting in the car (i.e., a hot day and no air conditioning available), you can stay in our lobby. You should stay clear of “traffic areas,” and you will be required to keep a mask on the during your stay.
- Anyone who chooses to wait in the office, if they can’t wait outside or in their car, will be asked NOT to have conversations on their phone or walk around. You will need to stay seated.
- When checking in, you will be asked to use hand sanitizer before you touch anything else.
- A temperature check will be performed on your forehead with a non-contact infrared thermometer. If your temperature is over 100.4 Fahrenheit, we will confirm with an oral thermometer using a disposable sleeve. Patients with a temperature over 100.4 Fahrenheit will be asked to reappoint 2-3 weeks later. If you have a dental emergency, we can discuss your specific situation in private before reappointing.
- You will be asked to sign a COVID-19 screening questionnaire and release form. If you are experiencing a fever over 100.4 Fahrenheit (not related to a dental infection), cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, please reappoint 2-4 weeks later.
- If you have any concerns before entering the office and would prefer to wait in your car, you can call or text us when you arrive at (208) 664-0884.
- Our lobby will have space between chairs as well as HEPA air filtration. We have temporarily removed beverages, magazines, and other shared items. We ask that you bring your own beverages in a sealed container/bottle. Open beverages will not be allowed.
- Each treatment room will be enclosed with drapes and have their own HEPA air filter to give each patient their own isolated space. Due to this, there will NOT be room for any additional person accompanying the patient. If you need to accompany the patient, please call our office and let us know ahead of time. By not pre-arranging this, we may not be able to accommodate the accompanying person.
- Before treatment begins, you will be asked to pre-rinse with mouthwash to help decrease any potential virus in your mouth. Please let us know if you have a sensitive tooth that may hurt you from rinsing with a cold solution.
- You will be asked to keep your mask on if you are seated in the treatment room, but not being treated.
- When leaving the treatment room, you will be asked to keep your face covering on.
- We will give time between patients to allow proper disinfection protocol, as provided by the CDC and OSHA.
- If you are late for your appointment, and your treatment will delay the next patient’s appointment, we will either need to reduce the amount of treatment provided that day or reschedule your appointment entirely. Depending on the schedule and your specific appointment type, your appointment could be delayed as much as 1 month for dental treatment or 2-3 months for a hygiene visit. We ask that you be early for your appointment but wait in your car. Please do not check-in early; however, you can call/text us if you are early. If we can accommodate you because the patient before was dismissed earlier than expected, we will do our best to take care of you. If you are too early, we may ask you to wait in your car, if appropriate.
- If we are running behind, please be patient with us. Some patients may need more TLC as we do not want to rush treatment. Then, we may need time to properly disinfect the treatment room. However, we will do our best to pace the appointments, so there is ample time, and patients do not get delayed.
- Our office may stay cool/cold. We ask that you bring your own light blanket or jacket in case you might get cold.