Dr. Brett Matteson offers composite dental fillings to repair your teeth after they have been damaged by cracking or cavities. Our fillings are mercury-free, providing you with a healthy, natural-looking solution for your smile. To schedule an appointment with our prosthodontist and learn more about composite dental fillings in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, call Lakeview Dental today at 208-664-0884.
Traditionally, dental fillings have been made of silver amalgam. However, our dental office uses only composite, or tooth-colored, filling material. Our prosthodontist and team have chosen to use composite filling materials in order to provide you with a more natural-looking result and to promote better long-term oral health. There are many benefits to composite fillings, including:
- Material that bonds to your tooth to provide more support for the tooth’s structural integrity
- Reduced risk of the treated tooth breaking or fracturing in the future
- Insulation from temperature changes caused by foods and beverages
- Better seals around the edges of the damaged area, increasing the tooth’s resistance to decay and leaks
- The ability to correct cavities that are too small for amalgam fillings to repair
- Fillings that can be repaired and replaced without being removed from the tooth
- No mercury or other metals are used, making the filling safer
When you receive a composite dental filling, our prosthodontist will carefully select a filling that matches your natural tooth color to give you a more beautiful and healthier-looking smile. Fillings can usually be placed in a single appointment.
For more information about composite dental fillings and to make an appointment with our prosthodontist, contact our office today.